Apply for the fully-funded Commonwealth Scholarships for the class of 2022-2023 now for various degree levels and majors. These UK Scholarships are currently open for all international students.
UK Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Program is one of the most recognized scholarship programs around the world. The owners of this program believe that all students should be given equal chances to continue their studies in the UK irrespective of their background.
Here, it is pertinent to mention that lower-middle-class students from less-developed Commonwealth countries are eligible for this scholarship.
The qualified students are given a choice to take admission to any university in the selected countries, and those universities get support from UK universities to accommodate students.
It is also worth mentioning that the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Program accepts only those students who can bring positive change in the world, mainly to the country of residence.
This is a way to bring changes in less developed countries of the Commonwealth. An attractive feature of this scholarship program is that it provides equal opportunities to all deserving students without any policy of discrimination. This means that the talented students from all the less developed Commonwealth countries have equal chances to get these scholarships to study in the UK.
Deadline: March 15, 2022
Type: Fully Funded
Location: United_Kingdom (UK)
Benefits of Commonwealth Shared Scholarships Program
Like all other scholarship programs for international students, the Commonwealth Shared Scholarships program has its benefits. Some of these are:
- Return airfare from your home country to the UK approved and awarded by CSC.
- Tuition fees paid by CSC.
- Living allowance of £1,133/month for all cities except London Metropolitan City, where £1,390/month is paid by the university where you get admission.
- Special allowance for purchasing warm clothes in the areas which receive abundant snowfall.
- All the costs for the preparation of the thesis are also paid.
- Traveling with the UK for study purposes is also funded by CSC.
- On your return home, CSC provides funds in the form of excess baggage allowance, which the university verifies.
- CSC also funds health facilities, including tests for various diseases.
- In the case of widows, child allowance is also provided at the rate of £485/month for a single child and £120/month for the second and third child below 16 years of age.
Courses Offered by Commonwealth Scholarships in 2022
The Commonwealth Scholarships in 2022 are offered for these courses in all UK Universities on pannel of the commonwealth. There are specific themes behind offering Commonwealth Shared Scholarships to international students, and these are:
#1 Use of Science and Technology for Development Purpose: The study of science and technology related to people’s needs in low-income countries.
#2 Improvement in Capacity of Health System: Its study relates to the health benefits and ways to improve it for poor people in low-income countries.
#3 Promote Worldwide Prosperity: Another theme for awarding these scholarships is the promotion of global prosperity, and this helps lower-income countries grow at a comparatively fast pace.
#4 Stressing Global Security, Peace, and Governance: Commonwealth Scholarships Program also aims at strengthening peace, security, and governance at all levels.
#5 Improving Resilience and Response to Crises: The students awarded these scholarships create a feeling of resilience and quick response. This attitude helps the country adapt to changing circumstances, and it also helps them face sudden shocks boldly.
#6 Creating Opportunities and Granting Access: Last but not least, the students under these scholarship programs are given knowledge and skills to increase opportunities for disadvantaged students.
Criteria Laid for Commonwealth Scholarships Program
All the applicants fulfilling the following criteria are eligible for the award of Commonwealth Shared Scholarships.
- Be a citizen of a commonwealth country or having a refugee status or protected by the British Government.
- Available to start his academic studies as per the schedule of British universities.
- Not have studied in any of the high-income countries.
- They should be unable to continue studies in the UK without scholarships.
Countries Accepted for Commonwealth Scholarships
Candidates from the Following 23 Countries can Apply for the Commonwealth Scholarships 2022:
- Sierra Leone
- Solomon Islands
- Sri Lanka
- The Gambia
- Papua New Guinea
Commonwealth Scholarships Online Application Process:
In time, the candidates need to apply online for the commonwealth’s scholarship for the batch of 2022-2023. The following documents will be required for your application submission:
- High school, undergraduate, postgraduate degrees, and certifications
- All of your published work (10 max)
- Explanation of 300 words on how your past work history is relevant to your academic niche
- Personal statement letter regarding your previous work experience and why you need a scholarship
- 3 Recommendation letters
- A statement on development impact
- Valid passport information page (Passport Expiry should be over six months at least)
UK Commonwealth Scholarship Application Deadlines
Usually, the deadline for applying to the UK Commonwealth Shared scholarship varies per UK University. But generally, all the UK Commonwealth Scholarship Applications for 2022 will be entertained before March 15, 2022.
Interested and qualified applicants should visit HERE to apply for the UK Commonwealth Scholarship.