The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship Program 2022-2023 is designed to enable citizens of the world’s less developed countries to undertake full-time post-secondary studies at a university in Canada. The program is funded by and named after the former Canadian Prime Minister, who started as a teacher and went on to become Secretary-General of the United Nations.
Awarded annually, these scholarships recognize remarkable students worldwide, including international students studying at Canadian high schools. Each year approximately 37 students will be named Lester B. Pearson Scholars.
Deadline: March 31, 2022
Opening date: January 1, 2022
Type: Fully Funded
Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Coverage:
The Lester B. Pearson International Scholarships will cover:
- Tuition fees waiver, Full tuition fee sponsorship, complete educational expense
- Books purchasing expenses
- Incidental fees sponsorship
- Full residence support for four years, free accommodation
- Free airfare
- Conference participation funding
Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Eligibility:
To be eligible to apply to the Pearson International Scholarship, you must be:
- An international student (i.e., a non-Canadian requiring a study permit);
- Currently in your final year of secondary school or have graduated no earlier than June 2022
- Beginning your studies at the University of Toronto in September 2022 (students already attending post-secondary studies cannot be considered; students starting their studies in January 2022 at another post-secondary institution cannot be considered)
Documents Required for Lester B. Pearson Scholarship Application:
Documents required for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application are:
- GRE certificate scores
- Study plan essay for MS degree applicants
- Scholarship Application Resume
- Copies of all transcripts
- Letter of Motivation
- Research proposal for doctoral degree candidates
- Copies of the undergrad or grad certificate
- A copy of a valid passport for at least one year
- Statement of purpose (SOP)
- Recommendation letters should be by two of the former professors.
- English proficiency certificate
How To Apply for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship
To apply for the Lester B. Pearson Scholarship, you will need to:
- Receive a nomination from your school. High schools not already contacted/verified are asked to submit an application to participate in our program, available here.
- Apply to study at the University of Toronto to begin your studies in 2022 and complete your application for admission by the appropriate deadlines. Please be advised that you will be considered for the Pearson Scholarship for your first choice of program at U of T. You may apply for several programs and may receive admission to them all; however, the Pearson Scholarship, if awarded to you, would be restricted to your first choice of program at U of T at the time our scholarship decisions are made.
- Once we’ve received a nomination and you’ve applied to the university, you can complete the online Lester B. Pearson Scholarship application.
Pearson Scholarship Deadlines:
The Pearson Scholarships will be opening very soon. So make sure to prepare your documents ahead of time.
- School scholarship deadline: November 30, 2022
- Student OUAC application deadline: December 14, 2022 (Please note this is the final date to apply to the OUAC; however, it is recommended you apply for admission through the OUAC before November 7, 2022, as spaces in programs fill up quickly and popular programs may close early.)
- Student scholarship application deadline: March 31, 2022
With so many students applying each year, the likelihood of winning the Lester B. Pearson International Scholarship is slim. That said, if you are passionate about going abroad and furthering your education while also making new friends from around the world, it’s important that you follow our advice now to help increase your chances of winning the scholarship next year. What do you think one or two tips would be most helpful?
Connect with us in the comment section and keep visiting Scholarship-Programs.org for more!