Applications for the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships in Canada are now open for the 2023-2025 academic years.
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program provides funding to the very best postdoctoral applicants, both nationally and internationally, who will positively contribute to Canada’s economic and social growth.
The objective of the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program is to attract and retain top-tier postdoctoral talent, develop their leadership potential, and position them for success as research leaders of tomorrow.
About The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program has been supporting promising early-career researchers for over 30 years.
Each year they fund up to 40 fellowships across all areas of health sciences, including medicine, dentistry, pharmacy, and public health.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are an important part of the Banting Fellowship Program and have supported thousands of Canada’s best and brightest young scientists since the award was launched in 1957.
Deadline: 21 September 2022.
Open to: Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens.
Financing: $70,000 (taxable) per year and for two years.
Host Country: Canada.
Benefits And Deductions Of The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowship
The Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are valued at $70,000 (taxable) per year and for two years. There are no additional funds provided for travel/research.
Canadian citizens, permanent residents of Canada, and foreign citizens are eligible to apply, provided they meet the following conditions:
- Only research in the fields of health, natural sciences, engineering, social sciences, and humanities are eligible.
- Fulfilled all degree requirements for a Ph.D., PhD-equivalent, or health professional degree before the start date of their award.
- Applicants can submit only one application per competition year to the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program.
Eligible Host Institution
Seventy fellowships are awarded annually and are distributed equally among:
- The Canadian Institutes of Health Research (CIHR).
- The Natural Sciences and Engineering Research Council (NSERC).
- The Social Sciences and Humanities Research Council (SSHRC).
How To Apply For The Banting Fellowships?
For a successful application, follow these steps :
- Confirm that you meet the Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships program’s eligibility criteria.
- Contact your desired host institution/supervisor.
- Register for Canadian Common CV (CCV) account, ResearchNet account, and complete the Equity and Diversity Questionnaire.
- Create CCV (Vanier-Banting academic template) and link to the ResearchNet application.
- Start a ResearchNet application.
- Identify the area of research, participants, and referees.
- Enter degree information.
- Enter proposal information and supporting documents.
- Ensure attached documents meet presentation standards, consent, and apply.
For a detailed application procedure, please refer to this link
Applicants must seek endorsement from the host institution to apply, prepare and submit the application before 21 September 2022.
For any questions about the program, please contact firstname.lastname@example.org.
Banting Postdoctoral Fellowships are worth applying for if you are highly skilled in the areas of natural, social, and applied sciences.
They might be a great fit for you if you want to research specific issues such as national or international priorities, and if you plan on pursuing a successful research career in Canada. Subscribe to receive more scholarship offers from this page.