Applications are currently being accepted for the Quebec vocational training scholarship program. The initiative aims to foster the globalization of Quebec’s vocational training facilities and give gifted international students the chance to study in Quebec while in Canada.
Through its Quebec Ministry of Education, the Canadian government provides funding for two programs, the Quebec Scholarship for Vocational Training. The Merit Scholarships program is the first, while the Tuition Exemption Scholarships program is the second.
Both scholarship types go through the same selection process. This request for applications is for professional development programs beginning in August 2023.
Both scholarship programs are only for vocational training; they do not support undergraduate, graduate, or doctoral degrees.
School boards only submitted about 150 applications for the final selection last year, despite approximately 1,000 candidates applying for the 2021–2022 selection process.
About Quebec Scholarship For Vocational Training In Canada
TYPE: Vocational training.
DEADLINE: August 5, 2022.
FINANCING: two categories (see for details below).
OPEN TO: All nationalities except french and Canadian.
HOST COUNTRY: Canada.
Benefits of the Quebec Scholarship For Vocational Training In Canada
You can work up to 20 hours per week while participating in any program. The two programs (merit scholarship and tuition fee exemption) do not put any conditions on your return to your home country after completing your training.
After completing your course, you can apply for a work visa from Canada without returning to your home country.
Merit scholarship :
- Tuition fee exemption for international students.
- Health insurance.
- A scholarship ranging from $14,000 to $26,000 depending on the length of the chosen training program, to cover the student’s living expenses while studying.
Tuition Exemption Scholarships:
- Tuition exemption.
- No other benefits.
Eligibility for Quebec Scholarship For Vocational Training In Canada
To be eligible for the Quebec scholarship program for vocational training, you must:
- Be of a nationality other than French or Canadian. Priority will be given to candidates from member countries of La Francophonie, China, India, Japan, Mexico, and Brazil.
- Be outside of Canada at the time of submission of your application and until the announcement of the results.
- Not having Canadian citizenship or permanent resident status or being in the process of obtaining permanent resident status.
- There is no age limit, but you must be at least 18 years old.
- Not having received a scholarship in Quebec. In addition, accumulating other scholarships during the same academic year is not permitted.
- Have the required financial capacity:
- If you apply for the Merit Scholarship, you must prove that you have a minimum of US$2,281.
- If you apply for the Tuition Fee Exemption Scholarship, you must prove that you have US$11,409 at least.
Available Vocational training fields
Below are the available areas of study:
- ADMINISTRATION, COMMERCE, AND COMPUTER.
- AGRICULTURE AND FISHERIES.
- FOOD AND TOURISM.
- MINES AND CONSTRUCTION WORKS.
- BEAUTY CARE.
- FORESTRY AND PAPER.
- MAINTENANCE MECHANICS.
- MOTORIZED EQUIPMENT MAINTENANCE.
- ENVIRONMENT AND FOREST MANAGEMENT.
- MECHANICAL MANUFACTURING.
- WOOD AND RELATED MATERIALS.
- CHEMISTRY AND BIOLOGY.
- BUILDINGS AND PUBLIC WORKS.
How to apply for Quebec Scholarship For Vocational Training In Canada
To apply for the Quebec scholarships for vocational training, follow these steps:
- Choose your training program and center from the provided list (only one choice is possible).
- Decide which scholarship program you are applying for: merit scholarship and exemption OR merit scholarship only.
- Register on this portal.
The application process is free.
During your registration for the Quebec scholarships for vocational training, you will be asked to upload the following documents:
- A copy of the main page of your passport.
- A copy of your birth certificate.
- A copy of all diplomas obtained and all transcripts of your last school year.
- A copy of all certificates, prizes, awards, or honors received.
- Two letters of recommendation completed by two different people (FR or EN).
- A proof of your academic English proficiency results (TOEFL, IELTS, etc.), or evidence of registration for such, EXCEPT you have completed a higher education program of not less than 2-year duration in the English language.
- Proof of sufficient financial capacity is required for the chosen award program ($3 000 or $15 000), either to be provided by the candidate himself or any other guarantor. Proof of income can be, without being limited to, bank statements, a payslip, a salary certificate, etc. The guarantor must prove his family relationship with the candidate and provide a well-signed declaration of intent.
NB: Interested and qualified applicants should visit here to learn how to apply for the Quebec Scholarship For Vocational Training In Canada, or get more details from their official website here.