Peking University is among the top universities in China. It is a member of the C9 League, the elite Chinese universities, and a Class A institution designated by the Ministry of Education.
The university’s strengths include politics, economics, law, literature, history, philosophy, and science. Peking University has been consistently ranked as one of the top two universities in mainland China since the 1950s.
Peking University is a prestigious institution in China and one of the most famous universities in the world. The university has strict requirements when it comes to the entry of international students. Thus, applicants must pass an English proficiency exam, IELTS, or TOEFL, proving their English language skill level.
Deadline March 31, 2022
Opening date January 1, 2022
Type: Fully Funded
Peking University has opened admissions on the fully-funded China Scholarships without IELTS for 2022-2023 under all majors and degree types, including exchange programs and short language courses. Peking University Scholarships are exempted from IELTS if candidates hold an English language proficiency certificate.
Founded in 1898, Peking University has dedicated itself to supporting its growth. Peking University is a trailblazer in China’s higher education policy in the twenty-first century and critically influences China’s modernization.
Recent Acceptance Rate Of Peking University
The recent Acceptance Rate of Peking University is less than 1% for local Chinese students. But, international students applying to Peking University have over 75% acceptance rate provided they satisfy every one of the applicable standards and benchmarks.
NB: Application Fees of Peking University is CNY 800 for a 1-course application. IELTS is not a mandatory requirement at Peking University.
Peking University Scholarships Funding Plan:
The winners of Peking University Sponsored Scholarships will gain any or all of the following mentioned academic coverage plans;
- The Peking University scholarship will fund all the student tuitions.
- Award recipients will be given the finest accommodations.
- Throughout the scholarship, all award recipients will receive a monthly allowance.
- The Peking University scholarship program will also pay university miscellaneous costs.
- One-round trip travel expense
- Research-oriented expense
Peking has also welcomed several notable visitors, including more than 60 heads of government, 50 Nobel Prize winners, and numerous presidents of influential universities. Their travels attest to Peking University’s growing global image and development toward becoming a world-class institution.
Scholarships Offered by Peking University in 2022
Chinese Government Scholarships (CGS), Beijing Government Scholarships (BGS), China Scholarships without IELTS, Confucius institute scholarships, and Peking University Scholarships are available to overseas students at Peking University (PKUS).
Confucius Institute Scholarships are available to international students from Confucius Institutes (CIS) at Peking. There are two types of awards: full scholarships and half-funded Peking scholarships.
The Chinese awards are given to outstanding overseas students pursuing a college education at Peking University. Students who have been awarded scholarships are required to engage in an annual performance evaluation, and those who satisfy the assessment are qualified for financial assistance the following year.
Peking University Scholarships Criteria and Eligibility
Candidates who meet the criteria given below must complete and submit the scholarship application and all relevant documentation to be considered for the award.
For preexisting students, the candidate has to be completing undergraduate, master’s, or doctoral at PKU. Following is the criteria:
- Candidates are only allowed to apply once throughout their term at PKU.
- Graduate students enrolled in one-year Master’s or combined degree programs are not qualified to participate.
- Candidates who have breached Chinese legal guidelines or PKU norms or cannot achieve the qualifying threshold in any course are disqualified from applying.
- Individuals who have been awarded other scholarships are allowed to apply.
Admission Application Process at Peking University in 2022:
The first, foremost step is to find out if Peking offers your major and desired degree course. Then the applicant is required to figure out what Peking-supported Chinese Scholarships are available for the selected course.
Candidates must conduct their research on the details of the offered scholarships at Peking. Once the candidate is well-informed and has found themselves fitting in the criteria, they can begin the application process.
After that, the candidate needs to fill out the Peking University admission application form alongside with selected Chinese Scholarship application and submit the application fees of 800 RMB for application processing.
Later on, the international student office of Peking University will evaluate the application.
The candidate must do as follows:
- The first step will be to create an account on the Peking admission portal.
- In the case of an overseas student, before beginning with the application, the candidate must open the form for international students and fill out the details as needed.
- After that, the mandatory documents are asked for in the application.
- Submit 2 sets of hardcopy documents to the international student office of Peking
- Also, fill out the selected China scholarship application with the admissions application.
NB: The application fees of 800 RMB may be refunded to the applicants of the CSC China Scholarship.
Document Package for Admission Application at Peking:
A self-assessment form is needed to be completed and signed—all academic transcripts up to the level the student is pursuing to apply to. Recommendation letters can be attached as a compliment, and other documents that help enhance the overall application can also be added.
- A self-assessment form is needed to be completed and signed by the student. More so, the candidate’s supervisor’s comments are mandatory
- All academic transcripts
- Two pieces of recommendation from the candidate’s department’s teachers
- Proposal of the proposed research
- Study plan essay
- Academic papers that are published must be attached
- A listing of articles that have been released if applicable
When’s the Deadline for Peking University Scholarship?
If you are applying to any scholarship programs, you must have a robust application. We hope this article has helped you with your applications to Peking University Scholarships, and we hope to hear from you soon! Visit their official website to learn more.