MPower Financing, is a company that provides financial assistance to internal students around the world. The company is more focused on international students due to the struggle international students face in their studies mostly financially.
MPower does not only give loans to students but they also have other social impacts which includes; scholarships, immigration support and job search preparation programmes.
In this post, we will look at one of their Scholarship programmes designed specifically for women who are in Science, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
This scholarship is given to women due to the unfair advantages and challenges women face when it comes to education.
The MPower women in STEM scholarship programme is designed for women who are in the Sciences to also recognize the potentials and ability when it comes to Sciences, Technology, Engineering and Mathematics.
This Women in STEM scholarship programme does not have any special requirements, so anyone can apply now. No need to waste much time. Follow this post to apply now.
Basic Information About MPower Women in STEM Scholarship
The MPower Women in STEM Scholarship is a special scholarship awarded to three women students who are studying in either United States or Canada.
This is scholarship is awarded to three female students in STEM; the first person who is receives the grand prize gets $6,000, the runner-up receives $2,000 and the third one is honorable mention is $1,000.
Some students who have successfully received this type of scholarship in the past are Xuxu Gou; a Chinese in the Baylor College of Medicine, Diana Bertuol Garcia who is also a Brazilian at the University of Victoria and Samyuktha Gopalsamy an Indian who is at the Rutgers University.
MPower Women in STEM Scholarship Details
- Number students to be awarded: 3
- Schools: Schools in the US and Canada
- Duration: One time
- Application Deadline: July 15, 2022
- Grand Prize: $6,000
- Runner-Up: $2,000
- Honorable Mention: $1,000
- Applicant must be 18 and above and a female.
- Be accepted at, or enrolled in, a full-time degree program at a U.S. or Canadian school that MPOWER supports.
- Be an international student allowed to legally study in the U.S. or Canada.
- Note that yo do not need to be an MPower borrower before you can apply for this scholarship. This scholarship open for all.
For Students in USA
- You have to have valid visa that permits study in the U.S.
- You are protected under the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA)
- You are a U.S. permanent resident or have a Green Card.
For Students in Canada
- You have to be a Canadian permanent resident
- You must have a valid Canadian study permit
How to Apply MPower Women in STEM Scholarship
- Go to MPower Women in STEM Scholarship page by clicking here.
- Fill the form that will be provided on the page. You are required to enter your name, email address, date of birth, gender, country of citizenship, country of study, your immigration status, how you heard the program, are you enrolled in MPower scholarship supported University, Name of your University, graduation date, field of study, and many more.
- After providing the necessary entries, makes sure you check the I agree box and solve the Captcha correctly.
- Then finally click on the Submit button.
MPower Women in STEM Scholarship FAQ
Do I need to borrow from MPower before they grant me this scholarship?
No. The scholarship program is open for all international students who are currently enrolled in a USA or Canada universities that support MPower scholarship and meet the above eligibility criteria.
How are they going to select the winners?
The winners will be selected based on the quality of their applicant’s essay, their field of study and their impact to their community,
How many scholarships are offered?
Three: One will receive the grand prize which is $6,000 , runner-up will receive $2,000 and the honorable mention prize is $1,000.
When is the Deadline of MPower Women in STEM Scholarship?
The deadline for the MPower Women in STEM scholarship program is on the 15th June, 2022. After this date, you cannot apply for this scholarship.
When will they announce the winners?
The winners of this scholarship will be announced within 8 weeks after the deadline and will be posted on their website.
Address: MPOWER Financing, Public Benefit Corporation NMLS ID #1233542. 1101 Connecticut Ave NW Suite 900, Washington
Post Code: DC 20036
Email Addresses: https://www.mpowerfinancing.com/contact-us/
Tel: +1-202-417-3800 (U.S.) / +1-647-503-4607 (Canada)