The management of McCoy College of Education has officially released the courses it offers to guide applicants.
McCoy College of Education Courses, Courses offered at McCoy College of Education, cut off points, grades, admission form, admission requirements, contact, website, address, school fees structure | Here is the complete list of courses offered at McCoy College of Education.
The following is the list of available undergraduate, certificate courses/programmes offered at the McCoy College of Education that has gained National Accreditation Board (NAB)
- GENERAL PROGRAMME
- EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION STUDIES
- FRENCH (AVAILABLE AT MOUNT MARY, WESLEY, E.P. AMEDZOFE, BAGABAGA AND GBEWAA COLLEGES ONLY).
- TECHNICAL (AVAILABLE IN AKATSI, ADA,KOMENDA,ST. JOHN BOSCO, MAMPONG TECHNICAL,ST. JOSEPH’S,WIAWSO, PRESBY AKROPONG
- HEARING AND VISSUALLY CHALLENGED APPLICANTS
- VISUALLY IMPAIRED APPLICANTS
- HEARING IMPAIRED
List of Courses Offered At McCoy College of Education
1. WASSCE /SSSCE QUALIFICATION APPLICANTS
The general requirement for admission to the Diploma in Basic Education (DBE) Programme for both WASSCE AND SSSCE HOLDERS is CREDIT IN FIVE (5) SUBJECTS COMPRISING THREE (3) CORE AND TWO (2) ELECTIVE SUBJECTS as specified below for the various options within the Programme (CREDIT MEANS A1-C6 FOR WASSCE AND A-D FOR SSSCE).
A. GENERAL PROGRAMME
WASSCE/SSSCE Credit Passes in English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science/Social Studies and Two Elective Subjects From Any SHS Programme Area Of Study.
B. EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION STUDIES
WASSCE /SSSCE Credit Passes In English Language, Mathematics, Integrated Science/Social Studies And Two Elective Subjects From Any SHS Programme Area Of Study.
WASSCE/SSSCE Credit Passes In English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science And Two Elective Subjects In The Area Of Mathematics and/or Science (Elective Mathematics, Physics, Chemistry And Biology)
D. FRENCH (Available At Mount Mary, Wesley, E.P. Amedzofe, Bagabaga And Gbewaa Colleges Only).
WASSCE/SSSCE Credit Passes In English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science/ Social Studies And Any Two Elective Subjects Including French.
E. TECHNICAL (Available In Akatsi, Ada,Komenda, St. John Bosco, Mampong Technical, St. Joseph’s, Wiawso, Presby Akropong
WASSCE/SSSCE Credit Passes In English Language, Core Mathematics, Integrated Science And Two Elective Subjects In The Mathematics, Science And Technical Education Areas Of The SHS Programme.
F. HEARING AND VISUALLY CHALLENGED APPLICANTS
(I) VISUALLY IMPAIRED APPLICANTS
Admission Available For Such Students At N.J.Ahmadiyya, College, Wa, Wesley College, Kumasi, And Presby College, Akropong.
Applicants in this category need to have CREDIT IN SOCIAL STUDIES, ENGLISH LANGUAGE AND ANY THREE ELECTIVE SUBJECTS.
Colleges of Education Online Application Procedure
Applicants will first make a paymentinto the Colleges of Education- Ghana Account at any branch of the following bank nationwide:
- Consolidated Bank Ghana Limited.
ii) Additionally, payment can also be made through mobile money wallet: Tigo Cash, Vodafone cash, Airtel Money, and MTN Mobile Money by dialling short code *924*8# from all networks.
- Upon payment, applicants will be given the following information:
- A Personal Identification Number (PIN).
- An Admission Application Serial Number.
- The Admission Website Address- admission.coeportal.edu.gh
- With this PIN, applicants will then visit the Colleges of Education admission website: admission.coeportal.edu.gh and follow specific guidelines to fill the online application form.
- Applicants should select three Colleges of their choice for their Program and an accompanying Ghanaian Language.
- Applicants are advised to read and to ensure they fully understand all related instructions before completing the application form.
- Applicants are to note that application forms not properly completed will not be processed.
- After completing the online application form, an applicant will need to print a copy which should be sent with one passport photograph and a copy/copies of their results slips (where available) by EMS priority envelope obtainable from Ghana Post nationwide and addressed to: The Principal of the COLLEGE chosen.
- Applicants will be notified of the receipt of their applications by SMS (text message) and should, therefore, provide correct and reliable cellphone numbers when completing the form online.
- Applicants will also receive admission offer notifications by SMS and those who do not receive such notifications may understand it to mean that their applications were not successful.
- Applicants are to note that the Colleges will cross-check their results from the West African Examinations Council as part of the admission process. Applicants found to have submitted fake or falsified documents in support of their applications will be made to face the legal consequences of their actions.
The above are all the available courses offered at the McCoy College of Education to serve as a guide to prospective applicants to decide on a course to choose to apply and study.
Kindly share this article with your friends and subscribe to our website for more informative content like this. Thank you