Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarships (Bachelor, Master & Ph.D.) 2022: The Higher Education Authority (HEA) is pleased to issue the 2022 Call under the Government of Ireland International Education Scholarships Programme
Ireland Government Scholarship is a full scholarship program to study in Ireland, and the program is run by the Centre for International Education, University of Limerick. This scholarship covers your tuition fee only as the living expenses will be paid by the students themselves.
Ireland Government Scholarship is a scholarship designed to cater to the educational requirements of international students. You can apply for the program if you are willing to go to any institution in Ireland.
The program targets students from Africa, Asia, Latin America and the Caribbean. The institutions selected under this scholarship will be outside Dublin. It means that it will not be possible to pursue your studies at the Dublin Institute of Technology or University College Cork.
Application Deadline: 25th March 2022
Eligible Countries: International
To be Taken at (Country): Ireland
About the Government of Ireland Scholarships (Bachelor, Master & Ph.D.)
Under the initiative, the Government will provide 60 scholarships for one year of study at Bachelor, Master or Ph.D. levels to successful candidates who have an offer of a place at an eligible Irish higher education institution. The 2022 GOI-IES scheme reflects Ireland’s engagement in target partner countries. The scheme is operated in the higher education sector and funded in partnership between the Government and the higher education institutions (HEIs).
Scholarships will be branded as prestigious awards reflecting the core messages about Ireland as a center of international education. It is expected that for every scholarship winner, awareness of Ireland will be raised among many more potential students.
Benefits for students
Scholarships must be regarded as highly desirable and value-adding to individuals’ subsequent lives and careers. Given this, the GOI-IES will be awarded:
• to high caliber higher education students from non-EU/EEA countries;
• to study in Ireland for one year
Benefits for Higher Education sector: GOI-IES will reflect Ireland’s commitment to excellence in the provision of higher education for both domestic and international students:
• for scholarships that will highlight Ireland’s strengths as a center of international education;
• to promote links with target markets globally;
• to strengthen the internationalization strategies of HEIs, especially in the context of the system performance framework.
Field(s) of Study: All
Type: Bachelor, Master PhD
Eligibility: The Government of Ireland – International Education Scholarships (Bachelor, Master & Ph.D.) 2022 is open to students from non-EU/EEA countries and applies to all fields of study.
Number of Awards: 60
Value and Duration of Government of Ireland Scholarships (Bachelor, Master & Ph.D.
Successful students will receive:
- A €10,000 stipend for one year’s study
- A full fee waiver of all tuition and other registration costs at the higher education institution
How to Apply for Government of Ireland Scholarships (Bachelor, Master & Ph.D.)
- The candidate must get admission to an eligible Irish higher education institution.
- All interested candidates should visit the official website to apply.
- Make sure you fill out all the fields.
Applications can be submitted via the online portal here.
Scholarship Eligible Institutions:
- College of Computing Technology, Dublin
- Dublin Business School
- Dublin City University
- Athlone Institute of Technology
- Dundalk Institute of Technology
- Galway Business School
- Galway-Mayo Institute of Technology
- Griffith College, Dublin
- Dún Laoghaire Institute of Technology, Art & Design
- ICD Business School, Dublin
- Independent College, Dublin
- Institute of Technology, Carlow
- Institute of Technology, Sligo
- Letterkenny Institute of Technology
- Limerick Institute of Technology
- Mary Immaculate College, Limerick
- Maynooth University
- Munster Technological University
- National College of Art and Design, Dublin
- National College of Ireland, Dublin
- National University of Ireland, Galway
- Royal College of Surgeons in Ireland
- Technological University Dublin
- Trinity College Dublin
- University College Cork
- University College Dublin
- University of Limerick
Eligibility Criteria for Ireland Government Scholarship 2022:
- All international students from non-EU/EEA countries can apply.
- An applicant must possess excellent communication skills.
- An applicant must be perfect in academics, as well as in professional and creative excellence.
- An applicant should have an offer letter from an eligible university while applying for the scholarship.
- An applicant must Possess a strong rationale for pursuing their study in Ireland.
The deadline for applying for the Government of Ireland Scholarship 2022 for international students is 25 March 2022.