The Interfaculty PhD Scholarships have been established by the Graduate School of Philosophy at the University of Groningen. Applications are now being accepted for the academic year 2022-2023.
The winning candidate is committed to performing independent and original scientific research, reporting on it in international papers and conferences, and completing a PhD dissertation. The Faculty of Arts, Philosophy, Science, and Engineering will oversee the project.
About the University of Groningen
The University of Groningen is a public research university in Groningen, the Netherlands, that is ranked 88th by Best Global Universities and 79th by Times Higher Education. The objective of the university is to recruit and connect students, scholars, and professionals so that they can work together to address regional, national, and international economic and business issues.
What are the advantages of studying at the University of Groningen?
GU provides an opportunity for real-world environmental education. Students practice analyzing and transcribing language, as well as comprehending and criticizing theories and concepts. The University of Groningen provides candidates with real-world learning opportunities in the environment.
Application Deadline: Applications must be received by Monday, June 6, 2022, at 11:59 p.m. local time in the Netherlands (CET).
- University or Organization: University of Groningen
- Department: Graduate School of Philosophy
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: Tuition-fees
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: International and Domestic
- The award can be taken in the Netherlands
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: PhD degree in Philosophy offered by the university.
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following criteria:
- Experience with at least two of the following four research domains: (1) computational cognitive modeling, (2) psycholinguistic experimentation, (3) dynamic epistemic logic, and (4) language development.
- Proven research abilities and affinity with the research topic.
How to Apply
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the University:
- A cover letter introducing yourself and describing your motivation to conduct scientific research.
- A full CV demonstrating academic excellence, including publications and presentations (if applicable), and a copy of the data page of your passport
- A certified copy or scan of your MSc or MA diploma (or equivalent) and academic record, including a list of grades and names and contact details of two academic references. Applicants who have not obtained their MSc or MA diploma yet but expect to graduate before September 2022 can also apply.
- A short research proposal (1-2 pages) presenting your ideas and suggestions with the described research project.
- Admission Requirements: Applicants must have a required master’s degree in artificial intelligence, logic, philosophy, linguistics, or a related discipline, with an excellent academic record (GPA: min. 8/10; MA thesis: min. 8/10). A Research Master’s or other two-year Master’s program is preferred.
- Language Requirement: Students must have an excellent command of English and good academic writing skills.
The candidates selected by the University of Groningen will provide tuition fees for the PhD students.