To help students overcome financial challenges to studying overseas, the University of Sydney is offering Doctor Liang Voice Program PhD International Scholarships in Australia for the academic year 2021-2022.
The goal of this groundbreaking program is to enhance the quality of care and improve outcomes for those suffering from voice issues. All Australian and international applicants are eligible to apply for the scholarship to pursue a PhD program at the Faculty of Medicine and Health.
About University of Sydney
The University of Sydney is a public research university that believes in providing equal access to education and in providing leadership that improves the lives of those it serves. It is ranked 27th among the finest universities in the world.
Why should you study at the University of Sydney?
The university provides numerous intriguing and rewarding possibilities. The professors are friendly and straightforward, and the instruction is excellent. You’ll collaborate with outstanding teachers, cutting-edge technology, and top researchers to transform your focus into a big outer effect.
Application Deadline: Applicants must submit all required application materials until 30 June 2022
- University or Organization: University of Sydney
- Department: Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Course Level: PhD
- Award: $35,000
- Number of Awards: NA
- Access Mode: Online
- Nationality: Domestic and international students
- The award can be taken in Australia
- Eligible Countries: All nationalities.
- Eligible Course or Subjects: Applicants can apply for a PhD in the Faculty of Medicine and Health
- Eligibility Criteria: To be eligible, the applicants must meet all the following/given criteria:
- Be a domestic or international student to apply
- Have an unconditional offer of admission to study full-time in a PhD in the Faculty of Medicine and Health at the University of Sydney. (Note admissions may be applied for in parallel to the scholarship.)
- Be willing to undertake research to improve outcomes for people with laryngeal and voice disorders in any of the following themes:
- increased knowledge of physiology control
- identify sensitive & specific measures
- early diagnosis via artificial intelligence
- easier access to specialist assessment & care, or
- develop treatment pathways to improve patient outcomes
- Be enrolled for a research project in DLVP research areas as listed above and be supervised by an academic staff member associated with the Doctor Liang Voice Program
- You must hold an Honours degree (First Class) or a four-year degree with an outstanding record of professional and research achievements since graduation.
How to Apply
- Supporting Documents: The students are required to present the following documents to the university:
- Statement of purpose
- Higher Secondary Certificate
- Bachelor degree certificate
- Master degree certificate
- Cover letter
- Personal statement
- Financial statement
- Admission Requirements: Students must have relevant skills, interests, and qualifications to be admitted to a PhD research programme at the University of Sydney.
- Language Requirement: The applicants are required to attain minimum scores in the following English language proficiency tests:
- TOEFL IBT – 96
- TOEFL PBT – 592
- IELTS – 7.0
This scholarship programme will provide a stipend allowance of $35,000 per annum for up to 3.5 years, subject to satisfactory academic performance at the University of Sydney.